We are a club built on volunteers who make The St. Louis Area Dressage Society and its events possible! Please consider volunteering with us!
This program was developed to help ensure the SLADS August I & II shows have enough volunteers to run smoothly. We can’t do it without you!
Your accumulated volunteer hours will fulfill your requirement for the Year End Awards. There are several opportunities for you to volunteer.
If there are discrepancies, contact the volunteer coordinator. It will be your responsibility to ensure that you are credited for all hours worked.
How do I earn hours for 2024 Awards
Volunteers and Competitors, show season is here. Don’t forget that you need a minimum of 8 hrs of volunteer service for recognized show awards and 4 hrs of service for schooling show awards.
Shows where volunteer hours can be earned include SLADS partner shows (CW Equestrian Center, National Equestrian Center, Xanadu) and the SLADS August Classic I&II at the National Equestrian Center. Hours earned at SLADS partner shows may be used to satisfy half the minimum hrs of volunteer service required for year end awards.
CW Equestrian Center www.cwequestriancenter.com
National Equestrian Center www.thenationalequestriancenter.com
Volunteer time can also be earned serving on committees.
Volunteer Job Descriptions
- Assist in set up or take downs of arenas at shows
- Minds ring schedule, manages warm-up, bit/whip checks
- There are different shifts to choose from each day of a rated show
- Transcribe for judges ( A great way to learn/improve tests at all levels!)
- There are different shifts to choose from each day of a show
SCORER AND SCORING ASSISTANTS
- Tabulates tests, posts scores, pins classes, etc.
- Transport tests from judges stand to office for scoring.
- Work under the leadership of the volunteer coordinator and head scorer
- Sign out ribbons and awards to competitors
DON’T BE AFRAID TO VOLUNTEER! WE WILL WORK WITH YOU AND YOUR RIDE TIMES!